Wednesday, February 16, 2011


I called the doctor today to check in on Ava's labwork. Her hematologist is out of town for 3 weeks (of course), so I talked with her partner.

Ava's bloodwork from last week (before going on canned formula) showed improvement. Her ferritin level (iron) was almost normal and her RBCs were bigger. Remember...I was supplementing her with ALOT of iron every day during the later part of December and most of January.

It proved to us that she IS able to absorb iron and the doctor now wants me to continue doing the iron supplementation while she's on the canned formula.

So here's my problem...she was on the canned formula so that we could get a baseline of her blood levels in a controlled setting with controlled "nutrition". If I'm going to add the iron drops, how does that work?

Remind me why she's on canned formula and not REAL food again?


  1. How frustrating! And the doctor is gone for three weeks...

  2. I am new to all of this, and after reading back on some of your posts I can only praise you for being a great mom. I hope to read some more here.

    I'm your newest follower from the Chickadee hop.

  3. Oh my...I can not imagine what you deal with on a daily basis! You are a five star mommy in my book =) I can't wait to read more.

    New follower from Chickadee =)Please follow back, thanks!

  4. Good grief, you poor thing! Has her regular doctor talked with you yet I hope??